We’re not even at the trade deadline yet in baseball, but it seems like the Chicago White Sox might’ve already made the trade of the year. Kevin Youkilis has been absolutely stellar for the Chicago White Sox ever since he was traded from Boston. He looks more like the Kevin Youkilis Boston fans saw when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2007. Youkilis burned his former team on Tuesday, homering in his team’s 7-5 victory at Fenway.
The Chi Sox have been on fire as of late and there’s no doubt that Kevin Youkilis has a lot to do with it.
- The White Sox are 12-6 with Youkilis in the lineup. They’re also 5-1 at home.
- Kevin Youkilis had four home runs, 14 RBI, and hit .233 in a Red Sox uniform over 42 games. In 18 games with the White Sox, he already has four home runs, 18 RBI and is hitting .319.
- Youk has been especially dominant at his new home, U.S. Cellular Field, hitting .478 with three home runs and 10 RBI.
- Youkilis has at least one hit in every home game, including two three-hit games.
- Youkilis has four three-hit games in a White Sox uniform. He only had one this season with the Red Sox. Ironically, it was against the White Sox.
- Will Middlebrooks, Youkilis’ replacement in Boston, is hitting just .191 since the trade and he also missed some action due to injury.
Kevin Youkilis is on fire, but he’s not hotter than Los Angeles Angels’ outfielder Mike Trout, who had yet another four hit game. He’s the front-runner to become AL Rookie of the Year and there’s no competition in sight.
- Trout’s .355 average leads the American League and is over 20 percentage points over Joe Mauer.
- Trout’s four-hit game on Tuesday was the 11th time this season he has had at least three hits in a game.
- Trout may be only 20, but he has the highest Wins Above Replacement in the American League with five. This means that he’s worth five wins over a replacement player. That’s value!
- If the Angels had nine Mike Trout’s batting in their lineup with average pitching and defense, they’d have a winning percentage of .804, good enough to be the highest in the American League. This percentage is the Offensive Win Percentage.
- With Trout in the lineup, the probability that the Angels win any given game increases by 3.2 percent. This is the highest in the American League.